Consultancy services for Technical Support for ICT Learning Centers (ILC) Network Operations", Ministry of Education
Fully functional and sustainable ICT Learning Centers in 640 schools as a seed network for the introduction of ICT in...
Fully functional and sustainable ICT Learning Centers in 640 schools as a seed network for the introduction of ICT in the pedagogical process and development of ICT skills by students and teachers in entire secondary level education in Bangladesh in the future (Make ILC network operation effective).
A)Design, development & implementation of ICT Learning Centers (ILC) Monitoring Dashboard for ILCs
- Monitor the 640 ILCs distributed all over the Bangladesh.
- The Monitoring Dashboard includes 640 ILCs on map indicating the current status, whether it is turned or not, active or inactive users count and other analytic solutions.
- Each ILC Server maintains an ‘Agent’ to mediate between ILC Server and Central Server. The Dashboard Installation Agent can be downloaded from web and installed in just a few steps.
- The ILC Dashboard Agent present in each ILC collects the data from the Active Directory, processes it and sends it to the central server according to a predefined time interval.
- Various analytic reports can be generated and printed based on different criteria set by the end users.
- Multiple user roles are present on the Monitoring Dashboard for easy maintenance
- Also, it serves as a common platform for the responsible technical personnel to address different issues to higher authorities.
B)Repository of e-Learning Materials (ReLM) and applications installed on laptops
- Develop an application for usage and maintenance of e-learning materials on the LAN server based on software and e-Learning materials (6 subjects) delivered by NCTB (SD-13). Currently there are 150 contents in total which are also present in all ILC through ReLM.
- Develop an application for uploading and maintaining the new and existing e-learning contents. Content developers can upload their e-Contents through this we based application. After reviewing through the application the reviewer can accept the content which then be replicated to all the ILCs.
- Create a master copy (installation module) of repository application (software) and the repository content (collection of e-learning materials and other related documents such as curriculum guides) to installed and periodically updated on each ILC Server.
- Create a master copy (Disk image) of Windows 10 and individual user software applications (laptop) to be replicated on each laptop.
- Provide operational instructions for teachers and students for using the e-learning materials repository in collaboration with NCTB (SD-13)
C)Design, development and implementation of Helpdesk for ILC
- A web based and mobile application for the IT personnel responsible for ILC.
- Through this system the responsible person can respond to request, discuss an issue with others, and solve problems regarding ILCs remotely.
- End-users can raise issue if there are any problems found in any ILCs.
Also serves as a common platform for maintaining and troubleshooting ILCs.
- For the web based helpdesk PHP 5.4 is used.
- For the ILC Monitoring Dashboard ASP.NET 4.5, Google Maps API, AJAX are used.
- For the ReLM PHP 7.2 is used.
- For the Front-End design HTML, CSS, JS, JQeury etc. are used.
- For the DBMS SQL Server 2012 & MySQL are used.
- Visual Studio 2015, Visual Studio Code, Notepad++.
D)Code Review, Bug testing & tracking
- The whole code complies with the Linux Kernel Coding standard.
- Variables and naming conventions follows the pascal convention.
- Static testing for code inspection, walkthrough, code review and audit was done.
- Field test was done by deploying the application in selected ILCs first. After successful field test the ILC monitoring Dashboard and ReLM was deployed on all the ILCs.
E)Major Complexities solved
- IP address mapping: As the ILCs are scattered in different remote locations as well as in the cities, it was difficult to get live information from the ILCs. In the current scenario it was not possible to set up a stable network system. But, the complexities were solved by up setting a script on each ILCs which sends a file with all the necessary data with an interval of 15 minutes.
- Real time user tracking: As there were no real IP assigned in each ILCs, windows batch scripting is used to ping every laptop on each ILCs to track the laptop users. Then a file with all the user information is sent to the central server placed on SESIP.